PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER (NEWPORT AREA): WORLD LEADING COMPANY IN THE FOOD & DRINK INDUSTRY. £40-45K INCLUDING SHIFT PAY PLUS BENEFITS AND EXCEPTIONAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND OPPORTUNTIES FOR DEVELOPMENT. 3 SHIFT PATTERN (6AM-2PM, 2PM-10PM, 10PM-6AM ROTATING MONDAY TO FRIDAY).
Our client is one of the biggest names in the world food & drink industry manufacturing a wide range of brands known in households all over the globe. They are a prestige company offering a fantastic place to work and significant opportunities for personal and professional career development. We are presently recruiting a production shift manager for their business.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, you will be responsible for managing the team’s daily and weekly activities in order to meet the department’s KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) for internal and external customer requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring premium service and product quality at optimum cost, through conformance to the agreed ways of working.
- Takes ownership for balancing the constant search for new improved ways of working with the sustained implementation of agreed ways of working
- Ensures effective communication and co-ordination across a wide geographical department
- Adheres to packaging and production schedules to meet quality and demand needs and to optimise manpower operation
- Ensures performance as per related daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and communicates corrective actions to corresponding meetings
- Contributes to the identification of improvement plans as reviewed during the daily, weekly and monthly meeting processes
- Reports all relevant KPI’s as defined through the MCRS process e.g. plan attainment, losses, OEE, LEF, Productivity, energy, utilities etc.
- Actively seeks feedback and monitors progress against plans
- Carries out trouble shooting with the maintenance department to drive root cause correction, and identifies and executes proper process adjustments when required
- Participates in the daily, weekly and monthly departmental meetings and all other meetings
Development of a strong and cohesive team
- Actively and consistently adopts structured target setting and performance management processes
- Constantly drives to ensure responsibility and accountability are incorporated and enforced at the lowest level within the day to day operations of the team
- Ensures flexibility within the team to meet current and future needs of the business
- Manages and develops his people and team
- Walks the floor, leads by example, positively challenges under-performance, reinforces good behaviours
- Motivates the team to achieve departmental KPI’s and deliver high standards of performance
- Manages people on all topics i.e. shift handover meetings, training needs, union relationships, individual performance, one on one sessions, coaching, innovation programmes and team motivation
- Celebrates successes and works collaboratively to develop recognition policies for the site
- Manages shift rotas, including arranging cover for absent employees on the next shift
- Takes ownership for performance management and compliance with disciplinary procedures
- Manages the tracking of time and attendance for the shift
Management of Environment, Health & Safety and Quality Processes
- Complies to E&S, quality and HACCP standards
- Addresses safety concerns and incidents within the department
- Promotes safe working practices
- Ensures compliance with all company and legal obligations and helps to create SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Takes ownership for adherence to processes within the area e.g. SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) and health and safety performance
- Manages team compliance to ES, quality and HACCP standards
- Ensures the highest levels of compliance to 5S criteria inside their areas of responsibility
Control of cost, budget and resources
- Shares accountability in the maintenance and utility cost performance across the department
- Improves energy / utilities consumption performance
- Makes sure that reliable consumption data is recorded in the system
- Performs cycle counts and investigates deviations in the inventory levels
- Assists with capital projects as required
- Ensure cost optimisation across all areas of the department
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies required:
- Management and leadership experience in a fast moving manufacturing environment. Packaging, Food & Drink, FMCG, Dairy etc.
- Experience of dealing with industrial relations issues
- Experience in managing & delivering significant changes issues
- Strong influencer, able to challenge management and staff where appropriate
- Competent in working within a performance management structure
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing principles, tools and techniques and project management principles
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritise a variable workload effectively to meet strict KPI requirements and deadlines
- Experience in or demonstrating capability of utilising and implementing VPO tools and techniques to deliver improved performance is a key requirement
- Engineering qualification or aptitude is desirable
- Excellent data analysis and problem solving skills
- PC Literate with good all round PC Skills
- Motivated and Self Driven individual
- Good communication skills with high levels of team working
Is This You?
This really is a fantastic opportunity for production managers with the skills outlined above, looking for an exceptional opportunity on a shifts basis. If you fit the bill then do not delay, apply here and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the company and role further...