SHIFT ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (DERBY): £37-42K SALARY INCLUDING SHIFT PAY PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS. WORLD LEADING FMCG INDUSTRY PRODUCER.
Our client is a world leading name in their field, and a producer of own and well known household brands. Due to expansion of their plant, we are currently seeking a Shift Electrical Engineer. This is a shift role however the pattern should typically only involve working during one weekend (short days 5 hours Saturday / Sunday) and 5 nights per month.
Reporting into the Electrical Lead Engineer, this role involves a combination of planned/reactive maintenance and technical challenges to ensure maximum line efficiency with accountability and ownership to deliver the line KPIs. Capable of leading from the front within a team ensuring the efficient running, primarily, of a continuous packing/production line, manufacturing and packing high quality products, packaged and prepared for delivery in accordance with customer service requirements.
This role requires the ability to provide high level engineering technical expertise within a specific area to maximise the productivity and achievement of targets of the team/line/plant, in a high speed production environment.
- Support and ensure lines are operating at maximum efficiency to ensure all production plans are achieved on time and to quality standards
- Ensure waste levels are minimised to achieve area targets
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the performance of the equipment
- Communicate with engineering colleagues and support functions to ensure continuity
- Define, plan and lead the necessary maintenance tasks delivering on time handovers
- Contribute to the control of departmental R&M budget and ensure this is on target
- Lead and co-ordinate breakdown engineering activities for the lines
- Complete root cause analysis, in line with down time procedure to Identify and implement preventative solutions
- Support successful implementation of planned maintenance and new projects
- Ensure maintenance/repair information is logged into the CMMS
- Ensure adherence to housekeeping and hygiene standards within the work area
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in respect of safety and quality systems
- Take ownership for own training plan with support from your manager
- Ensure right first time completion of all line repairs and maintenance activities
- Participate in audits (carried out by internal auditors and external auditors)
- Undertaking all duties maintaining an engineering overview of the line
- Prioritise own tasks effectively to ensure delivery of all KPIs
- Passing knowledge on to team members whilst leading from the front
- Drive to ensure maximum line efficiency and enable focus on improvement
- Influencing effectively to ensure support for improvement activities
- Support key KPIs and the core values
- Knowing when to sacrifice line efficiency to ensure customer service is met
- Creating the opportunity to use improvement tools and CI tool box
- Participate in all activities to Improve performance and OEE Improvements
- Become a champion and stand up for high quality engineering at all times
Skills & Experience Required
- Production line experience on high speed packaging equipment in FMCG, food, or pharmaceutical
- Trained to an Electrical minimum craft level, ONC, HNC Level preferred
- Fault finding and developing PLC programs (Siemens S5 and S7)
- Good knowledge of fault finding and setting up of AC and DC inverter drives
- Knowledge of electrical systems in explosive gas hazardous areas, preferably COMPEX qualified
- 17th edition would be advantageous but not essential
- Strong IT skills
- Mechanical and pneumatic awareness
- Worked under minimum supervision and a self starter with the ability to react quickly
- A proven background of delivering the high performance levels whilst leading from the front
- Analytical skills with drive to implement improvements
- Awareness of quality/Good Manufacturing Practice
- Experience of a KPI focused environment
Is This You?
If the above describes you then don't hesitate - apply now and if you fit the bill as described above then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and company further...