SENIOR PLANT MANAGER: SALARY CIRCA £80-90k BASIC WITH STRONG BENEFITS AND POTENTIAL FOR FUTURE PROGRESSION. LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANY UNDERGOING A PERIOD OF GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.
Our client is part of a huge multinational company with operations and offices all over the world, with an innovative and high technology range of products. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking a Plant Director for one of their North West sites. This role heads up all operations at the site, but we are looking for someone with an even higher ceiling with a view to them taking further responsibilty within the wider group in the future. This could potentially involve international assignment. Degree level qualification or higher is essential for this role.
The role is responsible for all manufacturing functions at the plant. The position provides manufacturing leadership to meet the Company’s strategy and business plan. The Plant Manager manages, directs and implements operation strategies and objectives from Director to achieve the manufacturing goals. Closely collaborates and partners with sales and marketing, HR, R&D and finance to ensure a high level of customer service as well as continuous cost reduction. Role also focuses on safety and quality.
Manage manufacturing operations and plant including:
- Safety and performance
- Continuous reduction in total manufacturing cost
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Achieving annual Plan as measured by manufacturing variance and total cost of goods sold
- Quality, conformance to customer specifications and maintaining quality certifications
- Continuous improvement (i.e. Lean, TPS, WCM)
- People development: assess and assist in upgrading the management talent base within the plant to achieve growth and meet customer requirements (i.e. reduced cost, improved quality, shorter manufacturing/product introduction cycle times)
- Implement and assist in the plans from the Director to, target and control reductions in cost and product lead-times
- Manage and assist in coordinating efforts between direct reports and peers
- Implement best practice across the site as given direction by Director, establish uniform methods of reducing process and product variation
- Achieve the Company's annual financial objectives for manufacturing functions through effective planning, directing, controlling, implementing, evaluating, monitoring and forecasting as needed to achieve targeted objectives
- Project a positive image to peers, subordinates, customers and to the community by producing a quality, cost-efficient product that meets customer requirements in a productive and safe environment
- Continuously improve the level of customer satisfaction provided through programmes to reduce process and product variation, improve product quality and reduce costs, and to ensure a safe and clean workplace
- Lead the implementation of new manufacturing processes, product and systems technology and capacity improvement projects to meet the Company's objectives
- Provide a leadership role in management and support of the Company's mission, strategy and values
- Conducts monthly coaching sessions with direct reports
- Proven leadership skills – previous management of Senior Operations teams
- Must possess integrity. Be relied upon to always do the right thing.
- Needs to think strategically. Have ability to identify weaknesses and develop a plan to resolve them. Ability to ensure plan is executed.
- Strong technical ability and understanding
- Ability to create accountability throughout organization.
- Ability to develop people in their organization. Ability to grow team, recognize when individuals aren't suitable, and make changes when needed.
- Ability to maintain rigorous standards in line with company values. Ensure accountability to the standards.
- Possess drive, challenge themselves and team to continuous improvement via the use of Lean Manufacturing CI process improvement expeirence such as Six Sigma, Lean and WCM.
- Have passion to make their plant as good as it possibly can be.
- Ability to develop relationships and work with and influence people in all areas and at all levels of organization and local community.
- Ability to handle pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Good problem solving skills
- Ambitious and forward thinking
- Demonstrable experience of driving change
- Proven experience of achieving cost savings in a manufacturing environment
- Degree or higher level qualification - preferably in a technical area such as Engineering, Chemistry or Materials Science.
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.