PROJECT MANAGER (SOUTHAMPTON): £40-50K BASIC PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS. WORLD LEADING GLOBAL MULTINATIONAL SUPPLYING SPECIALIST PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO THE DEFENCE AND AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES.
Our client is quite simply a world leader in engineering, development and service to the Defence and Aerospace industries. With a presence in over 200 countries around the globe and nearly 50,000 employees worldwide they are at the leading edge of technology in their fields.
As Project Manager, you will
- Take accountability for managing and delivering an assigned portfolio of projects for new and existing products to time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Clarify and document business requirements in order to ensure project plans are comprehensive, realistic and in line with business objectives.
- Communicate project plans and progress across the business in order to ensure all stakeholders are briefed and up to date.
- Summarise salient planning and schedule progress in order to provide advice and make recommendations for consideration by the senior levels within organisation.
- Lead and develop a project team in order to ensure work is resourced and allocated effectively and that processes are adhered to.
- Implement the Business’ Life Cycle Management Process in your assigned projects
Key Responsibility Areas
- Responsible for successful delivery (on time, to cost & quality) of all assigned projects across the whole life cycle including preparation, review and management of project plans, whilst mitigating risk, to ensure the business meets targets & objectives.
- Maximise the profitability of the assigned projects.
- Management of project risks and opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships, with both internal and external stakeholders, in order to influence project activities, through effective communication.
- Lead the project teams effectively and with minimal supervision
- Actively contribute to the development of products, and follow on business prospects, including challenging the status quo and continuously improving and exceeding expectations.
- Contribute to business planning and review
- Determine costs and timescales for new projects and contract changes
- Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- APM or equivalent
- Can demonstrate broad experience of managing a portfolio of projects across the whole lifecycle
- Experience in project management within a manufacturing or technical development environment - defence, electronics or aerospace preferred.
- Proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
- Working on concurrent complex projects
- Work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Understanding and experience of commercial issues
- Ability to communicate and influence people at all levels within and outside the organisation.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Flexibility including ability and willingness to travel and visit customer sites (occasional travel in UK and abroad).
- Fully conversant with current IT/computer software packages (i.e. word, excel, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Engineering or science degree
Is This You?
Do you want to work for a world leading, technologically innovative company with an outstanding reputation? If you have the skills described above then do not delay, send your application to us and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the vacancy further.