SHIFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER £35K PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING BONUS, GREAT PENSION AND PRIVATE HEALTHCARE. WORLD LEADING GLOBAL COMPANY OFFERING FANTASTIC PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES!
Our client is the premier supplier of steel products to the construction industry. A world leader in numerous fields, they are quite simply one of the biggest and most prestigious companies in the world.
They are committed to sustainable and ethical development in all aspects of their business. focusing on recycled materials, they provide a cost effective solution whilst protecting the environment.
With our client you can be assured of Quality, Innovation and Technical Expertise at all times. In line with the continued growth of their business we are presently seeking A Maintenance Engineer.
Shifts are 3 shifts (Monday to Friday AM,PM, Night) followed by one 12 hour weekend shift rotating.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- The completion of routine maintenance tasks scheduled in the department’s activity plan, while understanding the KPI’s, and how they impact on plant performance on a daily and weekly basis.
- Report any issues/barriers to the completion of the activity plan to the Maintenance Supervision.
- Where a problems occur within the scheduled task, use own initiative to rectify the situation or, whether this can or cannot be done, notify Maintenance Supervision.
- When completing any tasks, report any required follow up work via the CMMS at the same time as notifying the Maintenance Supervision.
- Installation of plant and associated services.
- Determine the root cause of failures and identify sustaining actions to prevent their re-occurrence.
- To adhere to all safety policies and regulations affecting the roles, while working within a safe system of work
- The adherence to all environmental policies and regulations affecting the roles.
- Conduct an “On The Job Risk Assessments” for tasks not currently outlined and communicate any resulting recommendations for improvements.
- To challenge all observed, unsafe actions by any Employees or Contractors.
- To report all unsafe conditions in the work place through hazard spotting or other safety initiatives.
- Take part in accident/incident investigations, recommending appropriate corrective actions
- Professional Maintenance AM & PM Project team member with the longer term aim of leading PM Projects
- Training plant operators to improve their understanding of how the equipment works.
- Conducting risk assessments and proposing solutions and control measures required to reduce risks.
- Working with operators to return equipment to basic condition, clean, tight & lubricated.
- Presenting AM Project Boards at audits & reviews.
Experience / Qualifications
- Completed a Mechanical Maintenance/ Multi Skilled Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent or above
- At least 4 years’ experience within an industrialised manufacturing environment
- Familiar with organisational safety requirements e.g. Isolation & Permit’s To Work.
- Using and interpreting engineering data.
- Bench fitting, basic workshop machining.
- Sound knowledge of hydraulic & pneumatic systems.
- Experience of working in a World Class Maintenance Department beneficial.
- Competent user of M.S. Office applications & familiar with the requirements of a CMMS.
Is This You?
This is an exceptional opportunity for Maintenance Engineers with the relevant experience as described above. If this is you then don't delay, send you application to us and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and this world class client in further detail.