MAINTENANCE MANAGER (MERSEYSIDE / LANCASHIRE): SALARY £50-55k BASIC PLUS BENEFITS. LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANY UNDERGOING GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.
Our client is part of a huge multinational company with operations and offices all over the world, with an innovative and high technology range of products. As part of a restructuring plan they are presently seeking a Maintenance Manager for one of their key North West based plants.
Ensure the Maintenance Department is adequately resourced to allow the maintenance Day / Shift schedules to be maintained at all times. Responsibilities include:
- Define, implement and sustain an effective Maintenance Organisation
- Manage the Maintenance team
- To provide tight control and coordination of the development of all engineers
- To enhance the workforce training development and skill levels
- Ensure employees receive the appropriate training, with the appropriate modules, including 5S, TPM, 6 sigma, Kaizen, OEE.
- To establish and define training needs; to coordinate the training to ensure trainer and trainee understand and know the expectation/requirement of the training activity.
- To measure the value and effectiveness of training provision.
- Taking into account the needs for shift cover define the roster and crewing levels to allow all operations to operate on time.
- Define and coordinate any overtime or as appropriate, the use of temporary/ agency workers
- Coordinate placing of temporary workers, as necessary, with employment agencies and HR dept
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
Lean & 5S Initiatives
- Development of Lean systems and structures to aid and facilitate efficient maintenance process.
- Development of modern management techniques (Lean, value stream mapping, Kanban etc).
- Decide the necessary corrective actions and implement them to achieve all KPIs.
- Define and implement suggestions to improve the OEE of each line/function.
- All audits and controls for systems of work are executed at the desired frequency.
- Collaborate with the other departments: Operations, Purchasing, Sales, Engineering.
- Develop and implement reliability systems including preventive and condition monitoring activities to improve plant reliability.
Customer & Quality
- Support the Customer focused vision of the Company. Maintain the fundamentals; Quality System, ISO 9001:2015 , Environmental standards, Health & Safety standards.
- Actively participate in new product release process to ensure manufacturing is capable to achieve required specification and ensure ongoing Continuous Improvement / line efficiencies.
- Make sure quality assurance procedures are respected.
- Ensure non-conforming machinery / testing equipment are properly maintained.
- Take part in process improvement, equipment development and investments.
- Proposing technical solutions.
- Drive a quality culture through to all employees.
- Zero defect mentality to be enforced at all times.
- Be in a position that all employees appreciate who their customers are.
- Drive a complete Customer service culture throughout the areas of responsibility.
Technical Norm Performance and Reporting
- Monitor the maintenance engineers’ performance with regard to MRP and technical norm performance for downtime and yield and other KPIs.
- Monitor for incorrect performance reporting. Take all required actions to correct and then prevent inaccurate reporting. Establish rules and procedures for this.
- Organise the maintenance schedule to optimise manning / equipment / cost
- Ensure adequate personnel cover for all aspects of maintenance operations.
- In case of process drift, define corrective actions.
- Analyse the daily report (24 hours) and maintain management reporting protocols and reports
- Produce the required management reports.
- Review / report on KPI performance and identify areas to improve. Act upon these improvements via the maintenance team and other resources.
- Take into account all the KPI Indicators which the department impacts (workflow, spare parts, workshop, lubrication, breakdown management, equipment reliability etc) develop strategies for improvement and implement.
- Process and analyse the data; report on developments and findings.
- Propose corrective actions as necessary during Morning Meeting.
- Take decisions within his field of remit, while keeping plant manager informed of the activities.
- Ensure budget constraints are respected.
- Make and implement improvement proposals.
- Develop the practice of Continuous Improvement throughout areas of responsibility.
Qualifications & skills
- Ideally, qualified to degree level - minimum HND in Engineering
- Strong knowledge about continuous process plant engineering, Lean Management and Six Sigma Approach desired.
- ICT skills (MS office, ERP systems, CMMS, CAD, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Experience in Automation
- Business/management background to be able to deliver budget reports and cost assumptions.
Soft Skill Requirements
- Being a motivator, challenging and encouraging the team to drive success.
- Stress resistant.
- Good communicator.
- Having the ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems.
- Organised, with the ability to prioritise.
- Effective Time Management skills.
- Confident in public speaking.
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.