MAINTENANCE TEAM LEADER (BOLTON): LEADING UK BUSINESS IN THE FOOD & DRINK INDUSTRY WITH A TURNOVER OF OVER £160M. DAYS, SALARY £40-42K PLUS BENEFITS.
Our client is a leading name in the UK food industry, who produce household and supermarket own brands for many of the leading UK stores. We are presently seeking a maintenance team leader for them.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role will involve driving improvements in performance of assets within the designated area. Technically support shift management team and to develop the technical skills within the operational and engineering teams. Be the recognised asset expert for the assets in the zone.
- To support the shift management team with engineering advice and breakdown support.
- To work proactively with the shift management team to identify opportunities for improvement in plant performance, process and procedures.
- To work with the shift managers to develop an open performance culture of pro-activity within the operations area.
- To develop shift engineers to provide proactive service levels and deliver target or better KPI’s.
- Develop detailed annual maintenance plans including resources, durations and methodologies that support the achievement of operational objectives.
- To work with the shift management team to identify training needs and develop training plans for operators to ensure that operational objectives can be fully realised.
- To mentor and coach Technical operators.
- To act as ‘duty holder’ for the maintenance of engineering documentation, drawings and equipment history for the assets in the designated zone.
- To communicate and review planned maintenance requirements, to make possible implementation of the plan and to monitor and report on achievement.
- To ensure that all engineering work including that by contractors is managed in line with health and safety legislation, local procedures and current standards.
- To manage engineering work in the zone to ensure that the standards of GMP, Food Safety, Hygiene and Quality are maintained.
- Authorised to undertake all tasks falling within their skill set ( ie. mechanical or electrical )
- Authorised as competent to supervise the activities of others within their skill set
- Experience of leading maintenance and in a manufacturing environment. Food preferable.
- Lean manufacturing or TPM knowledge / experience beneficial
- Experience of reliability centred maintenance and asset management
- Apprenticeship minimum - HNC / HND qualification preferred
- Excellent Communicator
- Strong and capable personality, able to lead a team of engineers
- Confident, driven and highly motivated
Is This You?
This is a great opportunity for maintenance leaders with the skills outlined above. If you fit the bill then do not delay, apply here and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the company and role further.