This job posting was marked by employer as filled and is probably no longer available
Electrical Maintenance Technician
£40k - £40k
Newport, United Kingdom
Manufacturing & Production
MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN (SOUTH WALES): WORLD LEADING COMPANY IN THE FOOD & DRINK INDUSTRY. CIRCA £40K PLUS GREAT BENEFITS AND EXCEPTIONAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT. THIS ROLE WILL INVOLVE OPERATING OF MACHINERY AS WELL AS MAINTENANCE, SO ESSENTIAL THAT APPLICANTS ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THIS.
Our client is one of the biggest names in the world food & drink industry manufacturing a wide range of brands known in households all over the globe. They are a prestige company offering a fantastic place to work and significant opportunities for personal and professional career development. Due to internal promotion, we are looking for an additional maintenance technician with electrical bias to work for our client on a continental shift pattern. The position will involve an operations element as well as engineering.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player working effectively within a multi-functional team to safely and efficiently produce products
- Proactively identify plant issues before they become a source of downtime to production. Also be able to support production operators and shift manager in maintaining machine performance
- Attend to breakdowns and failures and repair them as quickly as possible
- To deliver high standards of cleanliness and reliability of production plant, machinery, equipment, and work areas is a fundamental requirement you will be required to continually work towards to enable the site to achieve key objectives of Safety, Quality Cost and Service.
- Have the confidence and ability to work autonomously, working with colleagues to deliver improvement, maintenance and restoration plans.
- Eliminate root cause through eradication of failure mode with the application of good problem solving skills, basing decisions on data and trend analysis and interpretation at an asset level
- FMCG / Food / Drink production experience in a blue chip company in a safety conscious environment. Any manufacturing industry considered.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge / experience (TPM preferred)
- HNC preferred - apprenticeship with NVQ, ONC or C&G minimum
- Excellent Communicator
- Proactive, enthusiastic personality
- Confident, driven and motivated
Is This You?
This really is a fantastic opportunity for maintenance candidates with the skills outlined above, looking for an exceptional opportunity on a shifts basis. If you fit the bill then do not delay, apply here and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the company and role further...