AUTOMATION & CONTROL ENGINEER (MONDAY TO FRIDAY DAYS - LIVERPOOL AREA) £40 P/H PLUS A GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT. INITIAL 6 MONTH CONTRACT WITH POTENTIAL LONGER TERM.
Our client is quite simply one of the world's leading companies in the pharmaceutical industry. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking an Automation Engineer for their growing Liverpool plant, on an initial 6 month contract but with definite long term potential.
Work as a member of the Automation Group support function to help implement and fully support & optimise process control systems across the site. These include DeltaV Batch and non-Batch DCS as well as Rockwell FTView-PLC.
This role takes responsibility for automation aspects on behalf of production teams so includes implementation of continuous improvement modifications, coordination of system configuration by Projects group, system administration and maintaining the qualified state of the systems.
- Provide oversight of systems delivery by Projects Group on behalf of Production
- Plan and execute system upgrades
- Deliver continuous improvement solutions that meet Production team user requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise with major modifications and upgrades to systems
- System support including rebuilds, patching etc.
- Security administration, including provision of physical and logical security measures
- Configuration management and system backup/restoration.
- Work with multiple Production teams to resolve to manufacturing problems.
- To train end users in the effective use of systems
- To carry out periodic reviews to ensure that system continues to operate in a qualified state
- System Optimisation
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within the Automation Group
- Maintain and enhance personal expertise and knowledge in own specialisation
- Manufacturing support preferably in a matrix organisation
- Practical application of process control techniques
- Process industry Alarm management best practices
- Generation of user requirements, risk-assessment, design review, software development and testing as per GAMP5 automation lifecycle model
- Working with system integrators on delivery of control systems
- Maintenance of control systems – backup/restoration, disaster recovery, security administration
- Rockwell PLC experience
- Good problems solving skills
- Ability to communicate with and influence colleagues, peers and supervision
- Collaborative worker able to achieve results with others
- Self-starter, able to deliver with minimum supervision
- Computer system validation and/or knowledge of regulatory requirements for control and operation of computer systems within a regulated environment
- Working knowledge of industry standards (eg S88, S95, GAMP5) and typical automation architecture, platforms and networks
- Potential to be a Lead Automation Engineer
- Rockwell PLC-SCADA technical skills. OSI PI technical skills. Lab automation
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you, this is a fantastic opportunity with a world leading company in their field. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.