PRODUCION MANAGER DAYS - PROCESS (DERBY / LEICESTER AREA): WORLD LEADING BUSINESS IN THE FOOD & DRINK INDUSTRY. GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND ROLE, OPPORTUNITY NOT TO BE MISSED. £34-36k PLUS BONUS AND FANTASTIC COMPANY BENEFITS.
Our client is a leader in the world own brands food & drink industry. They are a prestige company offering a fantastic place to work and significant opportunities for personal and professional career development. Due to the continued development and significant investment in their East Midlands plant, we are looking for an additional Production Manager to oversee one of their process areas.
Owner of Manufacturing Performance in their section. Accountable for the development and maintenance of Service and Performance including: ingredients receipt and stock management, processes, performance in safety, hygiene / quality and yield. Development of a manufacturing strategy for ‘high risk’ manufacturing including room organisation and practices. Capital investment plans to support manufacture of low / no preservative products.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of Process and ingredient control employees to deliver safety, service, quality, hygiene, yield performance to agreed targets / KPI’s.
- Develop targets for total ingredient yield performance and its ‘drivers’ including – yield, inventory management, supplier, purchasing & supply lead, commercial change.
- Provide accurate, reconciled and analysed reporting of ingredient yield.
- Drive a collaborative relationship, between Technical and Manufacturing to establish Manufacturing Standards and Practices suited to needs of the business, including:
- risk assessment of facility & ingredient management
- review of preparation
- organisation & structure, training and competence
- bulk storage & delivery management
- Develop a set of capital standards and own capital program.
- Identify critical Safety Hazards and develop plans to eliminate or reduce risks.
- Work with NPD to establish optimal throw ratios for existing products and process to optimise during NPD.
- Establish, with Technical / Quality, the standards and practices to generate “audit ready” performance.
- Delivery to personal objectives.
- Understanding and awareness of ISO 9001/2000 standards and the competence to manage effectively.
- An effective understanding of Manufacturing technology and process and the quality risks associated with an FMCG company.
- Ability to provide an education and training resource for all operators in key quality tasks
- Ability to analyse, interpret and understand data.
- Ability to understand the principles and processes of effective communication/presentation and when/how to apply them in all aspects of the role.
- People Management knowledge, the ability to develop and motivate direct reports ensuring maximum performance output is achieved by managing through people processes and policies
- High degree of integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Decisive, pro-active and assertive
- Internal customer focussed
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution
- IT literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Financial understanding capital and operational performance drivers
- Ability to influence decision makers in other functions – specifically across Technical and Commercial.
- Highly numerate, literate and analytical
- Able to demonstrate increased productivity and performance through people
- Understands the principles and processes of effective communication and how to apply them, also to understand how to give feedback in a way which enhances confidence and commitment.
Is This You?
This really is a fantastic opportunity for production managers with the skills outlined above, looking for an exceptional opportunity with a world leading company and no shifts. If you fit the bill then do not delay, apply here and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the company and role further.