PLANT MANAGER: SALARY £75-85k BASIC WITH STRONG BENEFITS AND POTENTIAL FOR FUTURE PROGRESSION. LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANY. LANCASHIRE.
Our client is part of a huge multinational company with operations and offices all over the world, with an innovative and high technology range of products. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking a Plant Manager to head up one of their developing operations.
The role is responsible for all manufacturing functions at the plant. The position provides manufacturing leadership to meet the Company’s strategy and business plan. The Plant Manager manages, directs and implements operation strategies and objectives from Director to achieve the manufacturing goals.
Specifically, the Plant Manager will be responsible for:
- Site-wide leadership as the designated champion for safety, quality, continuous improvement and a world class performance culture
- Developing, communicating and maintaining the vision/strategy for implementing comprehensive Lean manufacturing programs, focusing on driving continuous improvement that ensures the production volume, cost and quality to support business goals
- Leading the plant’s CI transformation; being a hands-on team builder, able to recognize resistance to change, leading individuals and teams through the change process
- Using expertise Lean principles, combined with on-the-job process expertise and stakeholder input to identify opportunities, prioritize and manage multiple improvement projects
- Defining and enforcing clear areas of ownership and accountability across all functional levels in the site; establishing clear plans to close performance gaps where they may exist
- Developing a high performance organization through training, coaching, and, teamwork. Ensures that each staff member has a timely, accurate performance management plan which identifies specific accountabilities, training needs, and development plans. Fosters an environment of accountability with open and honest feedback for all subordinates
- Ensuring programs are in place to recruit, hire, train, and develop employees, conducting monthly coaching sessions with direct reports
- Developing and implementing an annual business plan in support of overall company objectives; meeting all financial objectives defined in the annual plant business plan.
- Ensures thorough and effective safety and health management program is in place and functioning
- Maintaining an effective property conservation program encompassing fire protection, emergency preparedness, loss control, preventive maintenance and finished goods, supplies and fixed asset inventory management and control
- Establishing systems to monitor and minimize/reduce costs and improve product quality by enhancing existing processes and developing new processes.
- Ensuring customer requirements are understood and satisfied and that systems are in place to continuously reduce the variability of products manufactured
- Working with the Technology branch in new product development and introduction
- Ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal codes, rules, regulations and laws and that all plant and corporate policies and procedures are developed as needed and consistently applied. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the local community
A Bachelor’s degree engineering or related technical discipline is preferred. An advanced degree (an MBA or Engineering Management degree) is beneficial.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive management experience in a manufacturing environment. At least 3 years as a Plant Manager leading an organization of at least 75 employees.
- Strong financial acumen, able to see cause and effect between operational decisions and financial outcomes; solid understanding of the impact of operating metrics on income statement, and cash flow. Prior P&L experience is required
- Formal training in all aspects of world class lean manufacturing techniques, and their application into a process manufacturing environment. Must have led at least one lean transformation as a Lean/Six Sigma/TPM expert/leader, able to deliver Lean training in classroom and plant.
- Outstanding leadership skills demonstrated through championing accountability, maximizing team and individual strengths, seeking and implementing change and aligning with critical business objectives. Able to mentor, motivate, influence and persuade others
The successful candidate will have:
- A results-oriented management style; able to create a clear expectation and accountability system throughout the plant; proven change management skills
- Sophisticated communication skills (oral, written and presentation), able to effectively interact with all levels of the plant, maintain effective relationships with corporate functions and leadership and to interface with outside suppliers, customers and investors
- Outstanding leadership skills with a high commitment to team values; proven ability to energize an organization and implement change as a visible leader with a strong work ethic and high standards for integrity and honesty
- Experience developing functional leaders in driving safety, quality and performance in their areas of responsibility
- An understanding of the unique contribution of a Plant Manager as business leader over a plant operation, bringing strategy, direction and execution on a plant wide and multifunctional basis
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discus the role and our client in more detail.