MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (AUTOMOTIVE): CHESTER / NORTH WALES AREA, COMPETITIVE SALARY CIRCA £35K BASIC POTENTIAL FOR FUTURE PROGRESSION. LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANY UNDERGOING A PERIOD OF GROWTH AND POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT.
Our client is part of a huge multinational company with operations and offices all over the world, with an innovative and high technology range of products. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to drive their aim of World Class Manufacturing at their North Wales plant, which is easily accessible from the Wirral and Chester.
Understand present and future problems with the manufacturing of specialist products. To implement robust and sustainable improvements to raise the process capability to industry standards.
- Provide day to day manufacturing engineering support to operations.
- Investigate and provide resolution of product and process issues, using 8D methodology / 5 whys analysis where appropriate
- Ensure that all new manufacturing processes/process improvements are verified in accordance with the quality standards working in conjunction with the Quality teams
- Document manufacturing operation instructions and provide training to operations personnel to ensure a cross functional workforce for all disciplines
- Apply LEAN, 5s, PDCA, FMEA & APQP techniques and methodologies to achieve process optimisation and to continuously improve the output and reliability of the manufacturing facility
- Be conversant with tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen-Continuous improvement and be able to implement toolbox talks and workshops covering those subjects.
- Conduct capability studies on manufacturing processes, instigate and manage action plans to resolve issues
- Coordinate manufacturing process design improvement projects and capital purchases
Skills & Experience Required
- Good Technical Education to HNC/HND/Degree level complimented by a good practical skill base
- Demonstrate examples of LT reduction & Kaizen Projects showing real tangible benefits
- Provide evidence of VSM, Kaizen tools and methodologies for implementation.
- A LEAN manufacturing background developing systems and processes.
- Experience of working with CAD and/or 3D Modelling
- Good Practical Engineering skills and approach
- Ability to make decisions, use initiative and carry out appropriate actions in line with the company policy and strategy
- Conscientious, positive attitude to quality and workmanship
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail when planning and carrying out tasks
- Good IT skills
- Ability to collect and analyse data
- Report writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Keen to learn new things quickly and have an interest in career development and training within the workplace
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.