SENIOR LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR (LUTON): SALARY £30K-£57K PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS. WORLD LEADING GLOBAL MULTINATIONAL SUPPLYING SPECIALIST PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO THE DEFENCE AND AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES.
Our client is quite simply a world leader in engineering, development and service to the Defence and Aerospace industries. With a presence in over 200 countries around the globe and nearly 50,000 employees worldwide they are at the leading edge of technology in their fields.
Job Description and Skills
The role is part of the Learning and Change Management team, responsible for the effective provision of L&CM services to specified sections of the business and contributing to the support of the HR Strategy to deliver business value. Responsible for managing a full end to end process in a customer facing environment.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Understand customer business and develop close partner relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Understand specific business targets and recommend L&CM activities to support the achievement of the goals, including interventions relevant to the Senior Leadership teams including leading in international programmes.
- Work with the customer and support the training needs analysis process through top down and bottom up PDM requirements in order to formulate and report against delivery of effective training plans for a business site, function or sector.
- Capture solution specifications as required and outline design and delivery plan(s) (including tender process for an external supplier) aligned to strategic priorities and budgets.
- Manage outsourced elements of service as per contract conditions
- Source solutions through agent and act as project manager for supplier bids and support the customer during supplier selection and the management of delivery, quality and programme evaluation including ROI calculations.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure organisational changes are embedded
- Act as a lead for a particular Learning and Change Mgt domain/discipline, proactively sharing information and materials or assisting other team members when required
- Ensure clear linkage between HR & L&CM actions to support business outcomes
- Bring fresh perspective on the outside world through information management to challenge current working practices leading to added business value.
- Manage, mitigate and ensure adequate measures and controls are in place for all L&CM risks related to people and organisation interventions.
- Support L&CM policy and process compliance across all customer groups, including external benchmarking.
- Describe and justify L&CM contribution to business strategy and results in such a way that senior stakeholders would agree and recognise.
- Conduct business impact assessments to assess “asis” processes and systems and structures to the “tobe” processes, systems and structures and facilitate recommendations to support stakeholders.
- Work with HR Team, L&CM function groups (Talent Mgt & International Programmes, Change Management, External funding and Italy/UK) to lead and deliver integrated people solutions to meet organisational needs.
- Evidence and experience of updating process and policy for the function and other associated areas
- Consistently demonstrates Innovation in learning design using a range of methods
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Significant experience of training and development in a high paced environment
- Acted as a consultant and facilitating/challenging operating practices to improve performance
- Experience in negotiating complex tasks requiring political sensitivity and involvement in democratic process.
- Full CIPD member or equivalent
- Evidence of further self / professional development
- Evidence of further professional qualifications appropriate to HR/L&CM
- Ability to build and manage effective relationships at senior levels across complex client base
- Self-motivated and energetic with personal credibility and professional confidence
- Strong influencing and coaching abilities
- Experience in the development and delivery of learning solutions
- Use Analytical Skills to interpret business information and turn into
- L&CM plans
- Business Acumen
- Full membership of CIPD
- Evidence of effective and efficient organisational skills
- Principles and practices of Learning & Development and Change
- Management practices
- Knowledge of management best practice and the application of change management techniques
- Understand how learning and development supports business value and develop performance cultures.
- Requires depth & breadth of business knowledge, both general
- (Finance, economics) & specific (Customers, Business Model etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines
- At ease with rapid change
- Results driven
- Ability to work at a fast pace whilst maintaining an eye for detail
- Flexible approach to working
- Personal Integrity
- Sound strategic and tactical sense (Ability to prioritise)
- Commitment to high quality work and customer service
- Committed to equality of opportunity, social inclusion and sustainable development principles
- Ability to disseminate knowledge
- Decisive, assertive, yet democratic
- Enthusiastic team worker
- Location is site based with UK/Transnational cross functional support as required; Some travel is required.
- Screen User
- Office Based
- Working to Tight Deadlines
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.