PROGRAMME MANAGER ICT SERVICES (BRISTOL): £65-80K BASIC PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS. WORLD LEADING GLOBAL MULTINATIONAL SUPPLYING SPECIALIST PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO THE DEFENCE AND AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES.
Our client is quite simply a world leader in engineering, development and service to the Defence and Aerospace industries. With a presence in over 200 countries around the globe and nearly 50,000 employees worldwide they are at the leading edge of technology in their fields.
Our client is looking to recruit a Programme Manager to run a sizeable engineering team based in Bristol. Focussing on the design, implementation and support of secure ICT systems, successful candidates will have a highly technical background and be able to demonstrate previous experience within similar secure environments such as MOD and Government. The PM will work across the Enterprise Security Business Unit and improve the effectiveness of the team whilst providing practical programme planning, organisation and management.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Delivering a technical programme efficiently - Understanding cost implications, delivery timescales, test management, schedules and reports
- Managing programme delivery to meet Cost, Time and Quality targets
- Troubleshooting and management of programme issues
- Be accountable for progress to the various boards
- Contribute to the improvement and efficiency of the CIRC Business Unit
- Ad hoc duties as required by the ES BU Leader
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Hold Programme and Project Management qualifications such as APM, Prince2 or equivalent
- Deep understanding of ICT systems
- Extensive experience working in a Programme Management Office/Project
- Support Office (PMO/PSO), a Consultancy organisation or similar organisation
- Experience working with technical and non-technical teams across a broad range of IT disciplines and geographies
- Strong experience of managing projects and people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience of leading security related programmes or initiatives
- Strong experience of leading the delivery of a programme, project or work stream
- Strong experience of managing complex issues
- Experience in building strong client relationships with high level stakeholders
- Prepared to undergo DV Clearance
- Ability to deliver programmes successfully in a demanding environment
- Self-motivatedand able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to manage time effectively, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- A logical, proactive and flexible attitude
- Excellent Communication skills including ability to report at board level
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Able to work under pressure, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Confident working with all levels of staff, including Team Management skills
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Project (2010 and above)
- SC cleared
Is This You?
Do you want to work for a world leading, technologically innovative company with an outstanding reputation? If you have the skills described above then do not delay, send your application to us and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the vacancy further.