SHIFT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (SPALDING): SALARY INCLUDING SHIFT PAY CIRCA 42K DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE PLUS BENEFITS. LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANY.
Our client is world leader in their field of Food manufacturing. We are presently seeking a Maintenance Shift Supervisor for them to lead maintenance activities on shift, and deputise for the manager. This is a hands on leadership role.
Key Tasks and Duties:
- To work closely with the Engineering Manager, taking responsibility & ownership for delivering a high quality engineering service in support of the achievement of operational goals and targets
- Maintaining supervisory split, rapidly diagnose and resolve reactive faults. Escalate in a timely manner where appropriate.
- Continuously work to improve the performance of People and Plant to deliver site efficiency and performance standards.
- To supervise and co-ordinate the activities of a team of technicians in order to provide engineering support to manufacturing operations
- To achieve site Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in respect to equipment performance, reliability and breakdown & maintenance completion
- To ensure continuity of engineering support through effective communications and handover.
- To coach and develop the engineering team in regard to safe working practises and the rapid diagnosis and resolution of faults.
- To plan and co-ordinate team resources to complete all work allocated to the shift in a timely manner.
- Promote and support the company quality & safety standards.
Key Attributes Required:
- 3 years + experience and proven track record leading a team in a maintenance or engineering environment - food industry preferred but not essential
- Leadership skills and experience but also a hands on individual
- Strong communication verbal & written skills at all levels.
- CI skills and experience within engineering and maintenance
- Capable of motivating and setting targets.
- Thorough understanding of the maintenance environment & best industry practices while incorporating health & safety.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and identify process improvements.
- Problem solving skills.
- Mechanical & electrical experience
If you fit the bill as outlined above then do not delay, apply now. We are in the process of arranging interviews and are in position to provide a very quick turnaround for relevant candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity for maintenance leaders seeking their next move.