PLANT ENGINEERING MANAGER (HARROGATE): £50-60K PLUS 10% BONUS, PENSION, PRIVATE HEALTHCARE AND MORE. EXCELLENT ESTABLISHED COMPANY OFFERING LONG TERM SECURITY.
Our client is a fast growing name in their field of the food and drink industry. We are seeking a candidate to lead engineering activities at their busy Yorkshire site, reporting into the Plant Director.
Purpose of the Role
The Engineering Manager aims to contribute to the business plan by achieving a budgeted financial return on investment by maximising the efficiency and performance of the people, equipment, manage compliance and control of on site environmental initiatives and reduce waste and utility usage within the Engineering/ Operations Department. The Engineering Manager will co-ordinate the activities required to meet the company quality standards and focuses on continuous improvement whilst contributing to the companies CI strategy, and demonstrating the company values and behaviours.
- To collaboratively work with the engineering and production teams to implement improvement initiatives and capital investment throughout Manufacturing.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety, Environmental, COSHH and all other UK legislation on all improvements and capital projects
- To ensure first time quality is a priority of all Engineering personnel, targeting zero destroyed products through high standards of maintenance thus ensuring zero defects.
- To supervise and manage agreed budgets and capital expenditure specific to your area of control.
- Manage the strategic and financial needs and goals of the business and ensure these goals translate into team and individual objectives.
- Strengthen the staff through encouragement, support and reviews of the staff to continuously improve their performance setting clear and challenging goals and objectives, with set timescales.
- In partnership with the Operations Team and Warehouse Team, manage and prioritise the Engineering Support structure to ensure efficiency and performance targets are achieved and maximised including rolled throughput yield to maximise total plant yield.
- In partnership with the Operations Team and Warehouse Team, prioritise improvement initiatives to ensure efficiency and performance targets are achieved
- Manage site wide engineering projects specific to the plant and service support.
- Manage and adhere to PVA techniques and process control parameters and challenge techniques/ machines/ design and layout in order to improve efficiencies.
- Manage, drive and maximise output and line efficiencies to and beyond budgeted levels by maximising the potential of the people, plant and time available.
- Manage and evaluate systems to measure and monitor energy usage.
- Manage and control site engineering and site services RnR budgets, control costs of all utilities and set forecasts in line with S&OP forecast at designated intervals throughout the year.
- Implement, manage and review action plans exist for energy reduction.
- Continuously monitor wastage levels throughout the production process taking immediate action to minimise wastage levels through improvement initiatives, innovation and people involvement through process improvement teams.
- Manage the ‘stores’ function and inventory control of spare parts stock
- Ensure full legal compliance to auditor standards and requirements within the job holders remit and manage corrective actions plans to ensure effective resolution
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Strong experience of managing manufacturing plant maintenance
- Food & Beverage / FMCG / Packaging industries
- Experience of modern engineering improvement techniques - TPM preferred
- Experience of environmental compliance and control
- Experience in audit preparation and execution
- High degree of integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Decisive, pro-active and assertive
- Internal customer driven
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution
- IT literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to design, manage, and develop databases.
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline preferred, or strong relevant experience in lieu.
- Appropriate Technical Qualification, apprentice trained / HNC minimum
- IT literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good analytical and numeric ability
- IOSH qualification
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- SAP user / Superuser
Is This You?
If you are an Engineering Manager and fit the bill as outlined above then do not delay, apply now...