HEAD OF IT INFRASTRUCTURE & OPERATIONS (FINTECH): CHESHIRE BASED, NEW SENIOR LEADERSHIP ROLE WITH AN EXCITING GROWING BUSINESS. NEGOTIABLE SALARY £75-85K PLUS EXCELLENT BONUS SCHEME, PENSION AND FURTHER BENEFITS.
Our client is an award-winning and fast-growing financial services company, providing market leading solutions to major blue-chip companies globally. As part of major growth plans we are looking for a senior leader to drive significant development of their IT Infrastructure.
Since our client's formation, they have already grown to be the largest non-bank provider of trade finance globally, injecting billions into global supply chains, providing stability for corporates and SMEs whilst also delivering innovative solutions to a range of working capital situations faced by clients.
Their combination of financial services knowledge, ability to provide large scale funding, and cutting edge technology is unique in the market, recently featuring in The Financial Times and The Economist.
Their exceptional IT and technical team enables the delivery of all of their financial product offerings.
As our Head of Infrastructure and Operations your role is to ensure the success of the operation of services, including management and strategic development of all aspects of the server, network, storage and active directory services. You will develop strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders to outline and develop a strategic roadmap for infrastructure and IT services. The role holder requires strong leadership skills and excellent communication, using their skillset to educate and engage stakeholders.
- Create a vision for Infrastructure and Operations within the organisation
- Develop an Infrastructure & Operations strategy which identifies the future direction of the use of technology within the organisation.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to overcome business challenges with the use of technology.
- Identify solutions and opportunities to improve performance. Evaluate requirements, prepare and present proposals, design and deliver solutions to meet business objectives
- Lead change, optimising current IT solutions whilst promoting innovative solutions to challenges
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Control and manage project resources
- Procure, negotiate, manage and monitor contracts for Infrastructure services provided by 3rd parties ensuring effective service delivery
- Manage relationships with contractors and suppliers
- Maintain market awareness of new trends and technologies
- Organise and implement availability, maintenance and support of all IT Services
- To ensure effective management of staff and resources promoting team building
- Driving efficiency through the effective use and adoption of technology
- Manage and motivate the IT team to deliver an effective and highly regarded service, working with them to plan and prioritise their workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and supported to continually improve their performance and results IT Governance
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- To develop and maintain the Major Incident & Business Continuity plan for IT
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge and experience of ITIL frameworks and practices
- Strong experience of cloud based technology - specifically AWS is essential
- Experience of crisis management/business continuity situations with scenario planning
- Track record of managing and growing teams support business growth
- Proven consultancy ability including running meetings and facilitating workshops with stakeholders
- Network and software virtualization
- Change management and standardisation
- Budget planning and management
- Hands-on experience delivering infrastructure services
- Experience managing complex IT operations
- Positive, proactive and motivational - a strong, credible leader
- Self motivated, driven and passionate about IT operations
- Able to effectively manage areas of conflict or poor performance through to resolution
- Able to drive change within IT operations.
- Strong technical ability and understanding, and interest in infrastructure technologies
- Educated to or be to demonstrate experience equivalent to degree level or higher
- Certified ITIL practitioner
Is This You?
If you fit the bill as described above do not delay - send your application to us and we will be in touch to discuss the company and role within 24 hours. This is a fantastic opportunity for people looking to be part of a successful, fast growing business with an extremely bright future and lots of potential.