HSE MANAGER (MANUFACTURING COMPANY - LIVERPOOL) SALARY £50-60K BASIC PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS. GROWING MULTINATIONAL MANUFACTURING COMPANY.
Our client is part of a huge multinational company with operations and offices all over the world, with an innovative and high technology range of products. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking an HSE Manager to drive a culture of health & safety at their location near Liverpool.
SHE Manager Responsibilities
- Ensure sites meet and maintain legislative and other permitting or authorisation requirements including making required submissions
- Liaising with regulatory authorities for inspections, audits and reporting
- Ensure Managers are fully briefed in pertinent SHE areas to assist in decision making
- Develop and manage SHE strategies and improvement plans in line with Business strategy
- Lead investigations and risk assessments for the various site activities spanning office, maintenance, new installation and process operations.
- Maintain, coordinate and monitor site SHE activities via database systems such as audits, risk assessments, CoSHH assessments and procedural reviews or creation.
- Cascading and implementing learning from Global incidents with Senior Management
- Ensure consistent reporting of incidents to parent company board
- Provide internal reports and assist Global SHE to develop corporate procedures appropriate for the business unit and share best practice
- Managing SHE training to ensure a compliant, healthy and productive workforce
- Set and manage departmental budget in line with business and profit parameters
Experience & Skills Required
- NEBOSH Diploma or relevant Degree level qualification in Health & Safety
- IEMA preferred, not essential
- 5 Years Practical H&S Management Experience
- Experience of working under ISO standards
- Experience of dealing with regulatory agencies & submissions
- Experienced lead Incident Investigator
- Experienced lead risk assessor
- Strong computer skills
- Manufacturing or chemical experience
- Experience of hazard studies
- Training development and delivery experience
- Strength of character to challenge convention
- Ability to gain trust and confidence with colleagues
- Strong ability to prioritise work load
- Excellent organisational and document control skills
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail. We have vast experence of working with this client over the course of nearly ten years, so can offer the best possible guidance and support to ensure you secure the position.