HSE MANAGER (DERBY / LEICESTER AREA): WORLD LEADING BUSINESS IN THE FOOD & DRINK INDUSTRY. GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND NEW ROLE, OPPORTUNITY NOT TO BE MISSED. £36k PLUS BONUS AND FANTASTIC COMPANY BENEFITS.
Our client is a leader in the world own brands food & drink industry. They are a prestige company offering a fantastic place to work and significant opportunities for personal and professional career development. Due to the continued development and significant investment in their East Midlands plant, we are looking for an additional Production Manager to oversee one of their process areas.
- Working alongside the Group Health, Safety and Environment Manager with the development of company management systems. Due to the nature of the role some cross site HSE interaction will be required
- Play and active part of yield/waste reduction on site with the production team.
- Technical support, advice and guidance to managers on HS&E legal compliance and best practice
- Driving the Site Management Team to effectively implement the Safety Management System
- Co-ordination of site EMS and Environmental Permit including:
- Review environmental aspects and assisting with development of control measures
- EMS & Permit documentation, control and records
- Internal Audit Schedule, undertaking audits and aligning on timely corrective actions
- Environmental performance reporting for Environmental Permit
- Undertaking BAT reviews in conjunction with Departments
- Providing support, assistance and guidance to Departments on:
- Risk assessment programmes
- HS&E audit and inspection programmes
- Development of HS&E operating procedures
- Incident investigations
- Management of
- HS&E training programmes
- EHS Audit schedules
- HS&E non-conformances and close out
- Management of Waste management including “zero to landfill” ensuring that optimal revenue is obtained for all waste created:
- Maintenance of Waste Stream Matrix
- Duty of Care records and audits
- Liaison with waste management contractors
- Equipment servicing and issues
- Maintenance of HS&E KPI data including:
- Accident statistics
- Environmental Permit Annual Returns
- Environmental KPI’s
- Liaison with People Department on Occupational Health matters
- An effective understanding of Manufacturing technology and process and the HSE risks associated with an FMCG company.
- Solid knowledge of HSE systems
- Ability and commitment to drive change whilst working within teams
- Understanding and awareness of ISO14001 and OSHSAS 18001 standards and the competence to coordinate effectively.
- Ability to provide an education and training resource for all operators in key HSE tasks
- Ability to understand the principles and processes of effective communication/presentation and when/how to apply them in all aspects of the role.
- Understands the principles and processes of effective communication and how to apply them, also to understand how to give feedback in a way which enhances confidence and commitment.
- Understands the principles of HS and Environmental auditing and how to conduct an incident investigation.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety as a minimum
- Formal Environmental qualification e.g. IEMA Diploma in Environmental Management
- Professional and confident individual who is comfortable challenging existing ways of working and has the tenacity, gravitas and influence to make change happen.
- Enthusiastic, self-managed.
- Understand how to collect and validate sufficient information on the effectiveness of HSE systems to make recommendations on improvement.
Is This You?
This really is a fantastic opportunity for HSE managers with the skills outlined above, looking for an exceptional opportunity with a world leading company and no shifts. If you fit the bill then do not delay, apply here and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the company and role further.