ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN (MERSEYSIDE / CHESHIRE): £46.5K PLUS BENEFITS AND POTENTIAL FOR FUTURE PROGRESSION. LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANY UNDERGOING A PERIOD OF GROWTH AND POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT. 5 SHIFT SYSTEM.
Our client is part of a huge multinational company with operations and offices all over the world, with an innovative and high technology range of products. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking a Multi Skilled E&I Technician for their plant in the Merseyside / Cheshire area. The role is permanent and will be on a 5 shift (12 hour) pattern.
The Job Holder will need to be capable of working with the minimum amount of supervision, self-managing their workload as well as often being the sole technical resource on site. Capable of working from a plan covering planned, preventative, predictive and Reliability Centred Maintenance across all maintenance disciplines (EC & I & Mechanical). Has good level of communication skill both verbal & written.
Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
- Electrical time served or Instrument time served (Full Indentures)
- 17th Edition (new if possible)
- Motor Control Systems – ‘Direct on Line’ and V.S.D. Control Systems
- Small Power and Lighting Systems
- Electrical Power Distribution Systems
- Test Equipment - Portable Testers (including pneumatic and R/T box type) Clamp-on Meters Multi-meters)
- Failure mode prediction and protection
- Power failure, Air Failure, Equipment failure, Software failure
- Relay / Timer and PLC Control Logic for Plant Process Control and Safety Interlock Systems.
- Hazardous Area Classification- Understanding Area Classification Drawings, Appreciation of Gas Groupings, Explosive Dust Hazard, Types of equipment appropriate for zones
- Temperature classification
- Explosion Protected Equipment, appreciation of the various international standards and the tentative inter-relationships, and an understanding of the operating principles of:- EEX-d Flameproof
- EEX-e Increased Safety,EEX-n Non Sparking,EEX-I Intrinsic Safety,EEX-I Intrinsic Safety
Electrical Furnace Power and Temperature Control – Thyristor ‘Burst Firing’ and Element Changes at Temperature.
Preferred Instrument & Control
- Instrument Air Supplies - Pressure – requirements for control purposes, Quality – requirements for control purposes Isolations
- Temperature - measurement and methods: description of expansion mechanisms such as liquid in glass, liquid in steel for temperature transmitters. Flow, Pressure, Level, thermocouples and RTD’s - including design concepts, operation, construction, types, ranges and applications.
- EEX-I Operating Principles, circuit design, power limiting, capacitive, resistive, inductance. Barrier Principles, Weight measurement, PH measurement and control.
- Process measurement devices and transmitters Inferential Orifice Plate – differential pressure element Flow / differential pressure relationship.
- Open Loop and Closed Loop Description of open loop system Introduction to the concept of feedback control loop block Description of closed loop system Effect of lag.
- Controllers Cover the different types of controllers relating to Saffil, an appreciation of loop Tuning effects of gain, proportional band, inverse etc. Pneumatic – appreciation Electronic – detail.
- Control Valves - Detailed working knowledge of variety of different types of Control Valve including: - Butterfly Saunders – basic diaphragm change consideration Ball – actuator change (Spring return hazards etc.) Plug and Seat Globe Valve.
- Pressure Switches Maintenance / Testing / Troubleshooting Selection of materials
Desired Instrument & Control
- Emerson Delta V DCS Systems
- S.M.A.R.T. and H.A.R.T Control Systems and Equipment
- Pneumatic Logic and Control Systems, background and operating principles, drawing symbols and Conventions.
- Point switching devices
- Float activated – Bestobell Mobray
Mechanical desired (But can be trained in all aspects)
- Use of mechanical hand, power & small machine shop tools
- Making & breaking flanges to include gasket & bolt selection
- Pumps (specifically air driven)
- Belt tracking (can be trained re Saffil specific)
- Manual handling
- Pressurized systems = steam, air and water systems
- Pressure systems and understanding Pressure relief streams (Bursting disc’s selection)
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail