CONTROLS APPLICATION ENGINEER (AUTOMOTIVE): CHESTER / NORTH WALES AREA, SALARY CIRCA £34K 18 MONTH INITIAL CONTRACT POTENTIAL FOR FUTURE PROGRESSION. LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANY UNDERGOING A PERIOD OF GROWTH AND POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT.
Our client is part of a huge multinational company with operations and offices all over the world, with an innovative and high technology range of products. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking a Control Engineer.
Industrial Controls Engineer, working within the applications controls team with a specific focus for right first time on-time delivery of customer applications and internal projects.
- Working within Equipment Operations Providing manufacturing engineering support to equipment assembly operations, including controls and electrical support.
- Employing respective Health & Safety techniques for the position.
- Supporting controls applications team in projects to deliver customer applications directly.
- Interact with respect global design/ controls teams.
- Be able to support all available product offerings.
- Assist with design of new produce test rigs and procedures
- Assist with new manufacturing process design
Assist controls applications with configuration and validation of supplied solutions to industry standards.
Check and support application specific deliverables.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Self-motivated individual to implement standard products to meet the needs of our customers. This individual will interface with many other groups in order to collect, understand, and complete our deliverable requirements and escalated support requests.
- This position requires that the individual be fluent in English in both written and spoken form.
- Applicant will be able to contribute in a global engineering community, familiarity with other languages welcome.
- A team player and broad-minded engineering background with a penchant for problem solving and decreasing waste. Open to limited travel to local customers and global engineering center’s.
- Good IT, and organisational skills
- Ability to represent the company externally in a highly professional and credible manner
- Ability to take part in projects/applications developments
- Ability to work in teams on a applications/product base systems and interact with Application Management
EDUCATION OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- A high education and experience in Electrical/Software/Automation Engineering to HNC/HND/Degree level and minimum 2 years related experience and/or training.
- Previous working within a team in an industrial environment required.
- PLC programming languages [Structured Text, Ladder Logic, Function Block] especially within IEC 61131-3 editor
- Robot programming experience preferred [Fanuc, Kawasaki, Janome, ABB, Kuka, etc
- Ability to understand electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Electrical and Industrial communications fault finding.
Candidates may be required to travel in UK and internationally as per business required
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.